Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chicken Recipe

I've been asked by several people for the recipe mentioned in the Tagged item below, so rather than email it individually to all, here it is. Enjoy! :-)


TJ's Picnic Chicken
1 lb (or more) boneless, skinless chicken breast or tenderloin pieces (smaller pieces yield more flavor, and work especially well for party appetizers)
2 TB cooking oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tsp each of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and poultry seasoning (I like McCormick's best) (if using large breast pieces, I often use more than 1 tsp to give a stronger flavor, esp if it will be served cold)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread oil in baking dish. Mix bread crumbs with seasoning in shallow dish or on a plate. Dip chicken pieces into beaten egg, then coat with crumb mixture, shaking off excess, and place in baking dish. Bake 1 hr, turning half way through baking time. Smaller pieces will need less than an hour to bake (more like 40 minutes). Enjoy hot or cold! :-)

1 comment:

abryant said...

Thanks for the recipe can't wait to try it! I will tell my friend Tamara about carepages, I still keep up with yours. I hope your head is better!!