Saturday, November 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

Joan, from A Portland Granny, who didn't know if I would do this or not since my postings here are generally serious in tone, has tagged me to share ten things with all of you that I'm not afraid to admit. :-)

The rules are:

1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog
3) Write 10 random things about yourself (see below).
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave
a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry has been posted.

Here are my ten!

1.) I don't like chocolate. I know... totally un-American! LOL I always felt like the odd man out in every gathering, until a visit to relatives on my father's side of the family revealed that 9 out of 10 of them didn't like chocolate either! Finally I fit in! It's got to be a genetic thing.

2.) I'm a "jack of all trades, master of none." My husband calls me his "Renaissance woman" because I have such a wide and varied range of interests and skills.

3.) I don't like to wear shoes. I've gotten in the habit of doing so first thing in the morning until I've done all the chores and errands that require being on the go are completed, but after that, they get kicked off!

4.) I'm hoping to become a professional writer eventually, writing for the Christian fiction and non-fiction market.

5.) My mother gave birth to me when she was 43 years old. Two of my sisters were 21 and 25 yrs old at the time, and were standing outside the nursery window when a stranger commented, "You know, that baby there... Her mother is 43 years old!" My sisters replied, "We know. She's our Mom too!"

6.) I once owned a 1967 Dodge Dart, beautifully restored, and a 1969 Buick Skylark. I loved driving both of them, and was sad when I had to let them both go, especially the Buick. Just months after the Buick was sold, it was totaled by a drunk driver who ran into it while it was parked on the street, hitting it so hard that it wrapped around a nearby telephone pole. The driver was unhurt, but the car was destroyed.

7.) Babies are my passion...I fall in love as soon as I see them, I cry when I hear bad news about them, I laugh when they giggle, I melt when they smile.

8.) I have four children, two boys and two girls, ranging from small toddler to young pre-teen. They're the lights of my earthly life, along with my husband.

9.) I've known my hubby since high school. We were best friends for ten years before marrying, and we still are.

10.) I created my own recipe of chicken when I was only 18 years old, and called it TJ's Picnic Chicken. Using my maiden initials and highschool nickname, I named it so because the chicken has as much flavor cold as it does when served hot. It never lasts long around here.

Now I pass the tag on to:

Patty at Beside Still Waters
Renee at Renee's Reflections
Jared at The Aeneid
Connie at Connie's Heartstrings
Tammi at Tammi's Treasures
Abryant at Team Bryant



4 comments:

a portland granny said...

Thanks for playing along. Now...how about that recipe??? Sounds good.

I also wanted to comment on your writing on Care Pages. I think it is good. Why don't you google publishing companies and get a list--send off a chapter or two, with a proposal, and see what happens.

I believe that you really need an agent to get into the market, so I have been told. Go for it. I used to write children's stories....and there they sat. Don't make my mistake--get pro active with you writing.

Blessings

abryant said...

I posted my 10 things! I tried to pass it on to 6 people but could only find 5. Hope you're doing great!

abryant said...

by the way I would like the recipe too! I love chicken, it's about the only meat I cook! Always excited about new chicken recipes.

Renee said...

Thanks for thinking of me! I have not posted yet on this but wanted you to know I am passing on to you the Lemonade Award. It is given to people who have an "attitude of gratitude"....if you want you can pass it on to others.
God bless
Renee